These are an important update coming out from the CBSE board regarding the Joint Entrance Examination 2018. According to report, The Central Board of Secondary Education has set the JEE Mains 2018 examination in the month April.
Every year CBSE conducts the JEE exam to select a student for admission process Undergraduate Engineering Programmes in NITs, IIITs and other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions across the India.
Board conducts the examination held in two stage, First JEE main and JEE advanced. Where JEE main exam conducted by the CBSE and JEE advanced held by a different IIT every year.
Students who passed out the main examination can eligible to appear for the JEE (Advanced) through which students can get admission to National level engineering institutes in the country like the IITs and NITs.
Here are the important things you need to know about the JEE Mains 2018 examination:
After clearing the JEE mains and advanced papers, the candidates will be able to get admission in Bachelor of Technology (BTech), Bachelor of Engineering (BE) and Bachelor of Architecture (BArch) courses at Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT), National Institutes of Technology (NITs) and Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs) across India.
• For general category, students need to score at least 75 percent in their class 12 board examinations or be in the top 20 percentile of their Boards to be eligible for JEE main or advanced.
• For students belongs to SC and ST categories, this has been lowered to 65 percent.
• JEE advanced further requires that the candidates score high in JEE main and rank among the top 2,24,000 candidates.
Important schedule Date :
• JEE main exam Date – April 8, 2018
• JEE advanced paper Date – Expected to be held on May 20.
This year the entire JEE Advanced exam will be conducted in a computer-based test mode.
The examination will consist of two papers— Paper 1 and Paper 2— and each of the papers will be held for three hours duration.
• The full notification for the JEE Mains 2018 examination is yet to be released on the official website by CBSE.
• Students who are likely to appear for the exam next year can start their preparations for the exam on the basis of last year’s syllabus.
• According to latest news reports, the official website of Joint Engineering Examination (JEE) Advanced 2018 at jeeadv.ac.in has been launched and is functional.
• According to the information mentioned on the website, ‘The Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced) 2018 will be conducted by the seven zonal IITs.
Also Read: Std 12 Science Chemistry MCQ